Another way to test is to run your finger nail over the point. If the point
scratched the finger nail, the point is bad. Use light pressure.
Harvey Kravitz

________________________________
From: Rich <rich-m...@octoxol.com>
To: Antique Phonograph List <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Sat, March 19, 2011 8:17:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Diamond Disk stylus repair

For those that have not noticed it being done.  The standard dealer test
of the condition of the DD diamond stylus is to run their dirty thumb
over it and if it feels like there is a point on it they pronounce it
"good". So, plan on buying a replacement bar or trashing the records. If
you happen to have a good microscope you can inspect the point yourself
for condition as it is a rounded end conical shape and is symmetric with
no flat spots.