Like The Edison C-2, I thought it was so rare I would never hope to
have one. I have had 3. And Chuck Azzalina had 7 in his basement last
time I was there to fix. He started keeping count thinking the number
surviving was in the 10's and stopped at 200 or so known. Same with
C-1. There were 2 know for the longest time, then 2 more showed up
then 1 more now I think there are about 10 or so out there. It isn't
how many but how cool they are. C-1 and C-2 are very special machines
and would be cool if there were 2000 left. I actually prefer if
something I like is common, it means I can afford it :-). Collecting
just so you can say you have 1 of only  2 known is what some people
collect for but I am not one of them.
-Barry

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Steven Medved <steve_nor...@msn.com> wrote:

> Bruce,
>
> In the case of a machine like yours even if if there are twice as many
> existing as are currently known it is a very hard to find machine.
>
> Steve
>> Steve, I agree completely and hope for collectors interested in these
>> machines that at least a few more will be found. The thing that supports the
>> 'few' is that they were made for only a year (more like 10 months), were
>> very expensive and a good estimate of orginal production numbered about 200
>> machines. Frow wasn't much help. It seems that somebody at the National
>> Monument could be a scource of desperately needed information regarding that
>> machine and the number mfg.. I bought the machine from Charley H. and in
>> talking with him and at least one other rabid collector, those are the
>> numbers that are known and a good guess as to the number built. Charley told
>> me he had gotten the machine from the original owner in N.J., somebody that
>> had worked for Edison. There were many old pictures, some autographed, all
>> to do with Edison or the Company on the walls, when he got the machine. He
>> thought it to be someone high up in the Company.
>> As far as I'm concerned I hope 100 more turn up sooner than later. It
>> wouldn't affect the value of mine in the least, not to me anyway. Spread the
>> happiness.
>>
>> Very best,
>> Bruce M.

-Barry