As far as I know, they should all be the same. If one was bigger it is
because it is a poor replacement.

Ron L

-----Original Message-----
From: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org] On
Behalf Of William Zucca
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2011 10:56 PM
To: Antique Phonograph List
Subject: [Phono-L] Orthophonic Tonearm ballbearing info

Hello All:

I am working on an Orthophonic Victrola V V-4-40 and have cleaned out the
old grease at the base of the tonearm as it attaches to the bracket bolted
to the rear of the turntable deck.  I find 5 small ball bearings there; one
per divot in the cup on the bottom of the bracket.  Am I nuts or is one of
the ball bearings larger than the rest?  If this is as it is supposed to be,
what is the purpose  of the larger ball and in which divot does it belong?

Always wanting to move smoothly towards restoration,
GrnMountainBill