There's a YouTube file of CLEOPATRA POLKA, by Kryl on a 1918 Edison recording - it gives a faint idea of the power this recording has when played on a restored Edison Disc phonograph. My family and neighbors have thought a cornet was being played LIVE in my house ! Kryl was a great artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_QJ4PPVcO4

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim McCormick" <d...@themccormicks.com>
To: "'Antique Phonograph List'" <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 12:43 AM
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Reason for my interest in Bohumir Kryl

Cindy,

Prior to my awakening of Kryl, I had a couple of recordings that I
didn't pay any attention to.  Then I discovered his connection to my home
town of Crawfordsville, Indiana, listened to his records in earnest, and
discovered his genius.  My collection of Kryl recordings is growing.  I am
encouraging Richard Martin and Meagan Hennessey of Archeophone Records [
http://www.archeophone.com  ] to digitize my collection and that of others
to produce a Bohumir Kryl Special Edition CD ( They are the perfect choice
to create the compilation ). I highly recommend that everyone send them an E-Mail asking to purchase their upcoming Bohumir Kryl CD - and mean it. He is one of the most remarkable performers I have ever heard, and I come from an IU School of Music background. I am hard pressed to find anyone to match his virtuosity in the upcoming Bohumir Kryl Project performance. (See the
October / November In The Groove Magazine for details)

Thanks,

Tim

Tim McCormick, President
Michigan Antique Phonograph Society