Hi Art,

  The book, 'ECR, 1889-1912' contains a variety of  detailed material
pertaining to Edison (US) record production in those  years. It contains all
the
regular brown wax cylinders (post-1897), i.e.  until they were discontinued
on July 25, 1902. It also lists and dates the  Concert series (5" dia), as
they appeared (they were available on special order  until 1907).

  Black wax moulded cylinders began to appear at the end of 1901, and  the
last new titles were issued in 1912 (production to 1914); they are  all
listed chronologically, by catalog #, by artist, AND title.

  The 2nd edition of ECR also contains Edison's 4-min wax Amberol  series
(popular and operatic) - month by month, and the book has about 212 pages  -
Amazon for some reason declined to count the (many) pages with Roman
numerals.

  Oh, and starting on p. 109, we see the specific contents of  'The First
Book of Phonograph Records' - as kept by A Theo E Wangemann between
1889-1892. This is a remarkable compilation (instrumental and vocal),
maintained
day by day, with all recording personnel and notes. It does not include
Wangemann's European trip per se, with its unique recording of Bismarck, altho
it states that ATEW left for Paris on June 15, 1889. If I recall, one of
Wangemann's assistants was V. H. Emerson and one sees this homage in the naming
 of one of Emerson's own children. The death of Wangemann occurred in 1906
under  some unusual circumstances.

  We still have of few of the 2nd editions left, which are listed at:
_www.phonobooks.com_ (http://www.phonobooks.com)  - enjoy!

Best
Allen
 In a message dated 1/31/2012 9:54:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,