On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 21:43:54 -0400
Vinyl Visions <vinyl.visi...@live.com> said to Phono-L
On the subject: [Phono-L] Types of Puzzle Records

Can you guys let me know what types of 78 rpm puzzle records you own, if any?
I am trying to make an estimate of the different types that were produced.
So far, I have found a variety of horse race records, one with a numbers game,
one with boat races, a tango record, various Australian Regal records, English,
Argentine and Spanish song records, an HMV record for parties with a gentleman's
side and a ladie's side, an HMV limerick record, a Jimmie Rodgers puzzle record,
Victor puzzle record #1, HMV puzzle records #1 & #2, Zonophone puzzle record #2,
a 1910 Zonophone coronation record...  have I missed anything else??? Somehow, I
have become OCD on these.

I have...

GALA  (Gala Record Company New York)
Full Tone Recording
Made in U.S.A. Pats. Applied For

Side No. 101-A
Turf Derby (The Racing Record)
Running today: Jester, War King, Jamesboy Pacemaker

Side No. 101-B
Motorboat Race (The Racing Record)
Sea Queen, Rex, Vergemeer, Silver Belle

Distributed by Novelty Record Company, New York City

This disc has a crack from edge to center hole, but plays through.

Is anyone interested in it before I consider putting it on Eboy?
Make a fair offer... Off list, please!

... Graham Newton

World class professional services applied to tape or phonograph records for
consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR's CAMBRIDGE processes.