 From: brice paris <antqf...@yahoo.com>
To: Antique Phonograph List <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:39 PM
Subject: [Phono-L] Very Sad News

I am very sad  and upset that I must bring to you very sad news.  Mr. Robert R.
Johnson of  the famous Mr. Victor Phonograph Museum, avid Oregon Duck fan and a
friend to most of us in the phonograph world, was unable to beat the odds this
time and passed away yesterday afternoon after a short illness.   Bob was one
of the most generous people that I have ever known, and I am sure that many of
you have been on the receieving end of that at one time or another.  He was
always willing to take his time to help collectors and non collectors who
contacted him with his knowledge of our hobby, often times giving parts to
folks he really didn't know to help them put a machine together.   He was a
true gentleman who never let grass grow under his feet, he always kept moving.
Words can not describe the shock and heavy hearts that Kathleen and I have
loosing a friend such as Bob.   Bob and Karen were inseparatable and always had
a smile and greeting
for anyone that they met.    I ask that your thoughts and prayers go out to
Karen and their two daughters Kelly and  Keri as they attempt to deal with
their loss.
As many of you know when dealing with their personal  lives they are relatively
private.  At this time, Karen has asked that you contact me directly with
any phone calls and any questions and I will try my best to answer.  I will
also let everyone know when I have an address that they would want cards sent
to or hear of what or if they are planning to have a Celebration of Life for
Bob .    He will be sorely missed by all of us.