The Victrola XII crank is a female crank. The same motor is totaly differant
than a Vic V or VI motor.
Harvey Kravitz

________________________________
 From: Bob Maffit <maff...@bresnan.net>
To: 'Antique Phonograph List' <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 4:17 AM
Subject: [Phono-L] Victor 12 question

phono listers:

First I would like to thank all of those on the list who have responded to
my various requests for information & parts. I get a little lost in all of
the E-mails and do miss some of them in terms of replying with a "thanks".
So here is my "blanket one for the recent past". *smile*

Moving on:

I obtained a Victor 12 which in the book, Looking For The Dog, it explains
the 12 was made in 1909 and was a blend of the Victor VI & the Victor VV-XVI
at the time.

I bought it for the parts, in the event I ran across a Vic VI cabinet etc.

I noticed the "crank" on the Victor 12 is a "male" type and it has been my
experience the ones from the Victor VI & VV-Xvi I have are "female". The
LFTD book doesn't address this question, so I am floating this out to
phono-list land.

thanks in advance

                later

Bob