From: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org] On
Behalf Of Ron L'Herault
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:13 AM
To: 'Antique Phonograph List'
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Victor XII questions

My Type 6 has the cup but the hole in the wood is big enough for it to drop
through.  I've never had the motor out of it so I'm not sure.  It may be a
press fit, removable after the cross pin is tapped out.  I do know that its
purpose is to support the turntable but allow it to tilt a bit without
putting strain on the center shaft, which does not have a very large
diameter.  Without the cup one could lean on the TT and bend the shaft.

Ron L