Hi Arvin,It kind of depends on the condition of the material on your portable.
I restored a Viva-Tonal last year that had been abused. The material had holes
in it that were duct taped over and it was a challenge getting it back to
presentable condition. If it just needs to be cleaned - no problem. Soap and
water or spray on bathroom cleaner will get the grime off. If it has small
tears or holes and is black in color, I found that liquid electrical tape (get
it at Home Depot or Lowes in the electrical dept.) will fill and seal holes and
tears and match pretty close to the original material. Mine was a problem,
since it had padding under the covering and had large tears and cuts. For that,
I cut off the material from the bottom and removed the padding leaving an inch
or so around the edges, which I then glued down. I went to a fabric shop and
got some similar material which I glued to some 3/16" plywood that I cut to the
shape of the bottom of the case. Then, I screwed the mat
 erial covered plywood to the bottom and added some feet, which worked out
pretty good. So, again, current condition is the key to what needs to be done
to get it back to presentable. Some people may have been tempted to scrap mine,
which looked really rough, but a little time and creativity brought it back to
a state where it can be enjoyed and cosmetically it looks good. Being a
Viva-Tonal makes it worth the time to restore it, since the sound quality is
excellent...Curt