From: Peter Fraser <pjfra...@mac.com>
To: Antique Phonograph List <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Sun, Mar 24, 2013 12:00 am
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] The Death of Amberola III  SN304

Well now some of the bits have sold.

So uncool to break up a perfectly good machine like that. I contacted him
further and politely suggested he reconsider, and he responded:

IF SOMEONE WINS ALL THE AUCTIONS I HAVE ON THIS GRAMOPHONE. THEY WILL GET THE
COMPLETE GRAMOPHONE. I WILL NOT PART IT OUT

- peachland250

Sent from my iPhone

-- Peter
pjfra...@mac.com

On Mar 21, 2013, at 11:20 PM, Peter Fraser <pjfra...@mac.com> wrote:

> I contacted the seller today, who is in a relatively remote part of British
Columbia, to ask why. The response was that it's easier to ship small parts.

> Jerk.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> -- Peter
> pjfra...@mac.com
>
> On Mar 21, 2013, at 10:55 PM, clockworkh...@aol.com wrote:
>

>> It is with great sadness that I note the death of a fine and rare example of
an Amberola III.  The III wasn't even sick.  It played until the bitter end.
It's death came at the hands of someone on eBay who decided to part it out.
The
cabinet, rear inspection door, motor, Diamond A Reproducer, and other parts
were
drawn and quartered because someone figured they would sell for more than the
whole machine.  I believe only about 1,200 of these machines were made.  They
are only rarely found in such nice condition as 304 was.  We Edison fanatics
will miss her.

>> Best wishes to a very quiet list,
>>
>> Al

Standard Phonograph Model B $27.00