Since I have no real idea of what the issue was/is with the hinge block, I can
only say that trust is the real issue... I have sent Steve parts, that if they
were to be lost or misplaced, they would definitely be a needle in a haystack
to find and re-purchase. However, since I "TRUST" Steve to take care of them in
a competent and professional matter, I have not worried. In fact, if my parts
had been lost for whatever reason, I would still trust him that it was beyond
his control, because of who he is. Who would offer to send the parts at no
charge in this day and age, just to make up for some misunderstanding???
I have "trusted" a motor for my Fairy Phonograph lamp to a
collector/electrician, who I know is making every effort to repair it - and,
has he had it since last fall... some things take time. If he loses it, or
misplaces it - I am screwed, but I 'TRUST" him and he hasn't proved me wrong.
But.. to make an issue over a hinge block is another issue in itself, as is a
week of waiting... get over it, if it got lost it can easily be replaced and it
wouldn't be Steve's fault.