G-mail has serious flaws, that is one of them.

On 04/16/2013 09:22 AM, Mike Stitt wrote:
Re bad links. I use gmail. What I see is the original mail with bad links
and a thread with replies.It does not repeat the bad links at all. In fact
after a reply or two the original links and email are "collapsed." You do
not see them. If one is to start a new email that would be just that but
would be confusing to some. So be it, unless some one's a hunting for it.
Back to phonographs.
Don't click on the links btw to all that read this...
oldcranky
Mike
PS So you know I threw the thread into the trash and every time  others
have "replied" it pops back in my 'inbox" with the bad links and I put it
back into the trash. This is why I have sent this email as a stand alone.