Hi Steve ~  Do you have a sense of whether my nickel Diamond C reproducer 48233
would be original to my Amberola 50 Serial #5662?  Also, any idea when the
Diamond C went from nickel to black paint (year and serial number, more or
less)?

At a glance it seems the serial number of my Diamond C is way too high for my
machine unless one factors in the greater number of Amberola 30's being
produced.  Still seems like a high reproducer number for the 4-digit machine
serial number, but I'd like to get your opinion.  This Amberola 50 is otherwise
one of the best-preserved I've seen, decent and original outside, mint under
the lid, very quiet and smooth "low mile" motor, etc.

Andrew Baron