In a message dated 10/10/2013 8:05:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
matthewbul...@runbox.com writes:

I  eagerly await my set, being shipped to me, but I'll not use the 78 disc
until I know for sure.

Hi Matt: I've VERY familiar with this set since I'm reviewing it for Amazon
 as well as the Folk Alliance Quarterly Newsletter. (The advance stream
came  after I submitted my column for The Antique Phonograph/In The Groove and
the  next issue won't be published till March 2014),

I spent nearly a week listening to the CDs - 150+ tracks - and watching the
 great DVD. I was not able to get the book an can't read a 240 page pdf on
my  PC).

I also chatted with the set's producer Scott Billington while I was in
Nashville last month for the Americana music conference.

In summary - the stories Woody tells Allan Lomax in the interviews are
great. The DVD is wonderful (Produced in 2002 by Univ of Oregon). The 78 is
vinyl and will play on a stereo with 78 speed. NOT a 78 needle. The set is
limited to 5,000 (why I don't know) and physical copies were only sent to the
New York Times, Wall St Journal and CBS News. All other press got streams
(not  digital downloads). The Bob Dylan VD song on the 78 has been released
before.  The other side is a previously unreleased Guthrie song that is also
on the CD.  Speaking if VD. Thee last CD has a whole section of Guthrie VD
songs. (And for  those not sure what we are talking about - it's not DV as in
Victory Day.   <g>

I see Amazon has the set for $113.75 Pre-order price.

I hope you found this info useful.

Steve Ramm