I have to admit that the email below looks suspicious. But I think the story is
true. Like you, I would NEVER click on a link in an email to logon somewhere.
But I did manually go to eBay and change my password this afternoon.

I found eBay's official statement by first going to eBay.com, then following a
link there to their corporate site at eBayinc.com and found their statement. It
says they are planning to notify its users about stolen personal information,
but didn't say exactly when.

Jim Nichol