Send me a pic of your C, would you? My email address is
john9...@pacbell.net.Thanks!John Robles

     On Wednesday, April 1, 2015 4:03 PM, Antique Phonograph List
<phono-l@oldcrank.org> wrote:

 John,I did get the link to work, but I had to include the word "Thorens" in
theaddress before "radiophonomania" to get it to work.  I had to do a searchfor
KeithWright to figure that out!Anyway, this was a very interesting site.  What
is shown as a "SylviaB" is identical to my "Sylvia C".  And what is shown as a
"Sylvia C" hasthe vertical crank mechanism.  Who knows which is the real
"SylviaC"? An interesting point is that I had at one time written to the
Thorenscompany in Switzerland and wished to know if they had any historical
informationregarding their early phonographs.  I did get a response, but
theyindicated that the current company, which makes very high end turntables,
had NOinformation regarding early Thorens machines.  They seemed tobe
exceedingly uninterested in the historical origins of the Thorensname.  Keith
Wright appears to be much more knowledgeable about the Thorensmachines than the
Thorens company itself! Art Heller In a message dated 4/1/2015 3:19:36 P.M.