From: Phono-L [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org] On Behalf Of Robert
Wright via Phono-L
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2019 4:39 PM
To: Antique Phonograph List
Cc: Robert Wright
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Credenza X and VE8-12X coming along!

Thanks (again) Ron! I ended up using dish soap and a toothbrush to get most
of it removed, but I'll try the WD-40 method. My main concern was that the
arms that move with the tonearm didn't move easily at all, but I think the
hot water I was using melted away a good bit of the gunk that was making it
so stiff. After a thorough drying, I oiled all the moving parts with
3-in-one, then rubbed an oily paper towel over all of it to guard against
any kind of moisture left over.

Anyone know about the factory varnish situation? I know it's probably a bit
involved, but what am I (considering) getting into, exactly?

Thanks,

Robert

On Jan 11, 2019, at 9:11 AM, Ron L'Herault via Phono-L