On 13 Jun 2017, at 17:57, Paolo Benvenuto wrote:
I successfully merged joachim's work about showing videos

The video part is mostly not my code -- I merely merged it + fixed whatever broke, and then did minor optimizations on it. The code was originally written by Jerome Charaoui, so the credit for that part should be on him. Antoine Beaupré also had a online patch to the video code.

The other tweaks were my code.

Check it at https://github.com/paolobenve/photofloat/

Let me know about any problem

Great work! (-:

Tested it quickly, and seems to work. A few comments/opinions on the top of my head (with no intent to "pick" on your work);

* The "image preloading" patch I did seems to have been removed/forgotten in the merge (if visiting link to image directly, the image is loaded before the album, so you don't have to wait "forever", at least if album is big). This change; <https://git.jocke.no/photofloat/commit/?h=patches&id=20fe79eb4e9fb1fa3e295f15542b1e2900fa4253>.

* When viewing images, they "overflow" on the top (going behind the album/path at the top), which is a bit annoying.

* Not sure if I like the CSS-changes regarding font size (smaller some places), font colors (white vs. blue, and green for the image names), spacing between thumbnails, and showing image names in the album view (the minimalistic "show all thumbnails" w/o anything "extra" was kinda neat). I guess it's a personal preference, and easily changeable, but it would probably an idea to see what most people prefer, and use that as the standard.

* I like the folder/date switch feature, but I think the folder view should be default. If one needs "by date", you could just view an image, and then navigate from there (or provide a link to "by date" in the bottom of the page or similar). I would probably use the folder/album view 90% of the time, and that means one extra mouse click 90% of the time I visit the gallery.

* Folders/albums when in the folder view should just be displayed as normal thumbnails (equal to the images). IMHO it only makes sense to make folders/albums and images distinguishable when in the dates view (where you can have both folders/albums and images in the same page).

* The "Powered by"-link in the bottom points to a repo that has been renamed/moved ("photofloatenhanced.git")

* Why are you not using the minified .js/.css-files in index.html? And why are you using them individually, rather than the one blob "scripts.min.js"/"styles.min.css"? You'd want as few HTTP-requests as possible, so by using them individually, it's theoretical slower. In addition (as a side effect); by not using the minified files, access is blocked by the .htaccess-files (if you're using apache), since they only allow the ".min.js" and ".min.css" files.

* Not sure if the "folders view"/"year view"/"month view"/"day view" is very consistent? I.e. when are which of them supposed to be displayed? They keep changing around without a clear pattern? It also seems that the number of links changes between one and two, depending on where you are (only one is shown when in "year view", but two for all the other modes).

* Videos are not working when in full screen mode (the "fullscreen" link in photofloat). This seems to be the case for "my" version as well, so we probably need to fix that at some point.

--
Joachim