I masked out a young child that was in a doorway. That is because of current
climate concerning children.

I don't mask people as a rule, but I do mask the face. Masking a body just
distracts from the picture in a serious mannor and it does nothing for
protecing privacy.

Jack

On Sep 30, 2009 9:22 PM, "John McKerrell" <[email protected]> wrote:

Just going back through emails to make sure I've got all the bugs either
fixed or added to github's issue tracking. I was also surprised to see
entire people being masked out. I'm not going to say it's wrong, someone I
was chatting to the other day was saying that Google's blurring (and by
extension, potentially, our masking) is pointless because either you don't
know the person or you know them well enough that you can recognise them by
their clothes. It's probably worth discussing what we're masking. So far I'm
happy enough with faces and car number plates but we can see what we think
in the future.
John

On 25 Sep 2009, at 23:41, Jack Stringer wrote: > Why mask out the whole
person. Masking a face w...
_______________________________________________
Photos mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/photos

Reply via email to