Hi Ilia,

I am sorry too.
It is not possible to change ini parser to allow unquoted = and &
characters.
BTW the old behavior of -d option had much more issues

1) -d with FastCGI affected only first request, then original values were
restored 
2) -d didn't work with CGI
3) Constants wasn't be allowed as -d values, so we should keep all
E_ERROR,... bit masks at memory

I think quoting of special characters is not a big cost for these fixes.
Also -dfoo="=" looks better then -dfoo==.

I forgot about this break while I was talking with you about this patch,
but now I think that it is better to make this break in 5.2.0 then in 5.2.1.

Dmitry.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ilia Alshanetsky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of 
> Ilia Alshanetsky
> Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 4:47 AM
> To: Dmitry Stogov
> Cc: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [PHP-CVS] cvs: php-src(PHP_5_2) / NEWS /main 
> SAPI.c SAPI.h php_ini.c /sapi/cgi cgi_main.c /sapi/cli 
> php_cli.c ZendEngine2 zend_ini.h zend_ini_parser.y 
> zend_ini_scanner.h zend_ini_scanner.l 
> 
> 
> Dmitry,
> 
> I am sorry to say but I think this patch as a tad pre-mature, as a  
> consequence of this patch a number of tests break. The problem is  
> that INI parser disallows usage of a whole range of characters such  
> as ; & =, etc... without being encapsulated inside double quotes.  
> Something the old php-cli parser allowed because it was not 
> using the  
> parse_ini() function. We "could" fix it by relaxing the INI scanner,  
> but I am not sure of the consequences it would have on ini file  
> parsing. I think at the very minimum we need to restore the 
> old style  
> php-cli INI parsing mechanism.
> 
> 
> On 19-Sep-06, at 4:33 PM, Dmitry Stogov wrote:
> 
> > dmitry              Tue Sep 19 20:33:12 2006 UTC
> >
> >   Modified files:              (Branch: PHP_5_2)
> >     /php-src/main   SAPI.h SAPI.c php_ini.c
> >     /php-src        NEWS
> >     /ZendEngine2    zend_ini.h zend_ini_parser.y zend_ini_scanner.h
> >                     zend_ini_scanner.l
> >     /php-src/sapi/cgi       cgi_main.c
> >     /php-src/sapi/cli       php_cli.c
> >   Log:
> >   MFH: Fixed mess with CGI/CLI -d command line option (now it works
> > with cgi; constants are working exactly like in php.ini; with  
> > FastCGI -d affects all requests).
> >
> > <dmitry-20060919203312.txt>
> > --
> > PHP CVS Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
> > To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php
> 
> Ilia Alshanetsky
> 
> -- 
> PHP CVS Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
> To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php
> 

--
PHP CVS Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Reply via email to