sixd Fri Jun 26 15:15:02 2009 UTC
Modified files: (Branch: PHP_5_3)
Clarifications for oci8 changes
diff -u php-src/UPGRADING:188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206 php-src/UPGRADING:220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168
--- php-src/UPGRADING:22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199 Fri Jun 26 11:56:51 2009
+++ php-src/UPGRADING Fri Jun 26 15:15:02 2009
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
-$Id: UPGRADING,v 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206 2009/06/26 11:56:51 gwynne Exp $
+$Id: UPGRADING,v 220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168 2009/06/26 15:15:02 sixd Exp $
UPGRADE NOTES - PHP 5.3
@@ -229,16 +229,20 @@
- mbstring: Now supports CP850 encoding.
- - oci8: Calling oci_close() on a persistent connection, or on a
- that references a persistent connection going out of scope, will now
- roll back any uncommitted transaction. You should explicitly commit
- rollback as needed.
- The old behavior can be enabled with the INI directive
+ - oci8: Database Resident Connection Pooling (DRCP) and Fast
+ Notification (FAN) are now supported.
+ Oracle External Authentication is now supported (except on Windows).
+ The oci8 function oci_bind_by_name() now supports SQLT_AFC (aka the
+ CHAR datatype).
+ Calling oci_close() on a persistent connection, or when the variable
+ that references a persistent connection goes out of scope, will now
+ trigger a roll back of an uncommitted transaction. To avoid
+ behavior explicitly issue a commit or roll back as needed. The old
+ behavior can be enabled with the INI directive
- Now supports Database Resident Connection Pooling (DRCP), Fast
- Application Notification (FAN), and Oracle External
- Authentication (not supported on Windows).
- oci_bind_by_name() now supports SQLT_AFC (aka CHAR datatype).
- openssl: OpenSSL digest and cipher functions are now supported.
It is also now possible to access the internal values of DSA, RSA and
@@ -301,7 +305,7 @@
- Runtime tightening of open_basedir restrictions is now possible.
-- The default value of session.use_only_cookies has changed to "1"
+- The default value of session.use_only_cookies has changed to "1".
- The default value of oci8.default_prefetch has been changed from 10 to 100.
@@ -399,12 +403,12 @@
- The PDO_OCI php_pdo_oci8.dll library (for use with Oracle version 8 client
libraries) is no longer being built. Instead, use php_pdo_oci.dll (note no
'8') with Oracle 10 or 11 client libraries. Connection to other database
- versions is supported.
+ versions is still supported.
- For the OCI8 extension, a new library php_oci8_11g.dll is available in
addition to php_oci8.dll. Only one can be enabled at any time. Use
php_oci8.dll with Oracle 10.2 client libraries. Use php_oci8_11g.dll with
- Oracle 11 client libraries. Connection to other database versions is
+ Oracle 11 client libraries. Connection to other database versions is still
- Firebird and SNMP support are no longer available on Windows. Firebird
PHP CVS Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php