jani Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:09:27 +0000
- Merged 2 of these, nuke one totally outdated and irrelevant.
# Quite likely most if not all of TODO is also replaced by some Wiki page.
# If so, replace the file contents with URL to the correct place :)
--- php/php-src/branches/PHP_5_4/TODO 2010-03-12 13:03:46 UTC (rev 296112)
+++ php/php-src/branches/PHP_5_4/TODO 2010-03-12 13:09:27 UTC (rev 296113)
@@ -11,8 +11,9 @@
* Const'ify APIs. Right now, many functions leave parameters untouched,
but don't declare those as const. This makes interaction with other
interfaces difficult which pass const parameters to us.
+ * Look at making zend_constant value member be a zval* instead of zval.
+ * Implement inheritance rules for type hints. (Marcus)
* Make sure that all ZTS globals get destructed. Most ts_allocate_id()
--- php/php-src/branches/PHP_5_4/TODO-5.1 2010-03-12 13:03:46 UTC (rev
+++ php/php-src/branches/PHP_5_4/TODO-5.1 2010-03-12 13:09:27 UTC (rev
@@ -1,4 +0,0 @@
- - Look at making zend_constant value member be a zval* instead of zval.
- - Implement inheritance rules for type hints. (Marcus)
--- php/php-src/branches/PHP_5_4/TODO-PHP5 2010-03-12 13:03:46 UTC (rev
+++ php/php-src/branches/PHP_5_4/TODO-PHP5 2010-03-12 13:09:27 UTC (rev
@@ -1,89 +0,0 @@
-Component: Zend Engine 2
- Important stuff to finish: PPP members/PPP methods,
- support of overloaded extensions, possibly differentiate
- between class and namespace as discussed with Stig in
-Responsibility: Zeev, Andi, Stas
-Time frame: Couple of months for first part and extensions will be
- ongoing while PHP is being fixed.
- Things to leave for later versions: Native aggregation
- support, accessing static members via object and not class.
-Responsibility: Andi, Stig?
-Time frame: ?
-Component: Redesign of API Versioning
-Time frame: 1 month
-Component: Thread Safety
- Identify the extensions that are not thread safe by design
- or due to dependant libraries and identify them as such.
- If possible try to resolve thread safety issue via code
- improvements (if php code or patches will be accepted by
- library maintainers). For situations where thread safety
- cannot easily be acheived a flag in the extension API is
- set so PHP can identify non-thread safe extensions. These
- extensions will not be loaded in a ZTS compiled binary
- (unless it is cli/cgi).
-Time frame: ?
- Environment variables defined in the CGI spec need to be
- verified in each SAPI module that they conform to the CGI
- spec correctly. If they do not, the SAPI module needs to
- fix the variable prior to script execution. Having this
- conformity will aid in having PHP scripts run correctly
- under different sapi modules.
-Responsibility: Shane Caraveo & each sapi module owner
-Timeframe: ? (but shouldn't be much effort, most modules are probably ok)
-Component: RPC Abstraction Layer
- Porting java, com, dotnet, xmlrpc, corba, soap and python, srm
- (are there more ?) to work with the new oo api and preferably
- by using ext/rpc.
-Time frame: 2 months (but i have to wait for a few engine features first)
-Component: OO Extensions
- Each OO extension has to be revised and rewritten to fit into
- the new OO model. We should decide which extensions are a must
- to have for the release and which can be ported by the
- later as a separate pecl release.
- A list of extensions to be extended that have to be
- * browscap
- * aggregate
- * all *sql extensions (*_fetch_object)
- * domxml (seems like christian is rewriting it anyways)
- * ming
-Responsibility: Harald (, extension maintainers)
-Component: Abstract Data Types (ADT)
-Responsibility: Sterling, Harald
-Time frame: ?
-Component: Test Suite
- Extending the test suite with atleast a test for every
- function in an extension that doesn't require external
- resources. Also developing an automated test thing which
- cvs ups's, compiles and tests the build on a daily base on
- as much platforms/extensions as possible.
- The test suite will also be extended to support threaded
- testing and testing for differing sapi modules (via http
- calls or other methods).
-Reponsibility: Derick (, extension maintainers)
-Time frame: 3 months
PHP CVS Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php