Od: "simon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Temat: Re: [PHP-DB] Text Control.

> Ian wrote:
>
> > Dear Sir / Madam,
> >
> > Problem :-
> > Data from HTML <textarea name="test" rows="5" cols="40"
> > WRAP="virtual"></textarea> is likes,
> >     This is a testing messages:-
> >         1. MSG A.
> >         2. MSG B.
> >         3. MSG C.
> >
> > So, I insert $test into MYSQL database. After that, I login into MYSQL
and
> > select the test field, the display is same as above. But, when I used
PHP
> > coding to select the test field and display it in HTML page, output
likes,
> >     This is a testing messages:- 1. MSG A. 2. MSG B. 3. MSG C.
> >
> > How to display $test in the requested format?
> You could try using the nl2br function, thus converting all newline
> characters to <BR> tags.
>
> http://uk.php.net/manual/function.nl2br.php

Eventually you can show contents of this field using <PRE> </PRE> tags -
it's specially useful in situation like this:
 - in <TEXTAREA> you enter text like
MSG A
  MSG B <- note two [spaces] here
    MSG C <- here are four [spaces]
 - when you show it in html document you see exactly the same thing.

Cheers
Jarek Zgoda