From: "HDwebdev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "db" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 2:08 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] moving

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:13:24 -0800, Bryan  wrote:

>Hey all...
>
>I have a site where people have to pay for the pictures.  He is a
professional photographer and does not want
>people stealing his work.  When they download and image, they pay for it.
The problem with that is, if
>I have images named 001.jpg, 002.jpg, people can type that into the URL and
get the other image without
>paying for it.  Is there a way to rename a file once clicked on to download
to eliminate this from happening?

>So, the user clicks on the image, called from the database, have it
renamed, and then delete it from the database,
>so they never see the real filename...
>
>I have thought of other ways to do this, but I was hoping there would be an
easier way, such as this, to do it.

>Thanks for the help!
>

>Bryan Fitch

One out of several ways to do it

Store pictures in a database:

http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/florian19991014.php3

You could have a purchased_pictures table that links user_id to specific
pictures.

Then, make a 'pictures you've purchased page' that only grabs pictures from
pictures_table linked to that users id.

Picture names won't matter anymore :)

(note the section in that artice that discusses images over 1meg in size)