Are you useing persistent connections (I had no real luck with them)?

How do you connect to your DB over Multi Threaded Server (MTS) or Dedicated
Server ?

I think Oracles NET8 Config has a Parameter to limit this.
Check out the MasterIndex at

http://technet.oracle.com/doc/server.815/a68826/toc.htm

mk