Hi Netlanders

I have just undertaken a web site construction project. It is a devshed like
site that serves articles on various topics. I am using LAMP -
Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP 4. I have a table that contains info about each
article. I think I have three options...(or do I have more that I dont know
of?!)

        1. Store the article body in the database as a LONGTEXT or BLOB
        2. Separate plain text file
        3. Separate HTML formatted file

No matter whether the file is in the database or as a separate file, should
it be formatted?
If it is plain text, how do I make distinctions between bold text and normal
text?
(Will fread() using PHP give me '\n' and other such characters too?)
If it is HTML formatted, I would loose some control over the look and I
would have to copy and paste the plain text article and make it a HTML file.

What should I do?

I know I have already asked this question and got some answers. But, when I
proceeded with the project, I kept comming back to this one point. A long
answer might help. Looking forward to your help.

Regards
Srinivasan Ranganathan