I am in the process of improving a database scheme considerably in MySQL, by
breaking tables into smaller tables and so one. I am wondering if there is a
simple SQL statement to take ALL ROWS of fields 'f1', 'f2', 'f3', and copy
them to the another table.... Then I can remove the fields in the original
table.

eg something like
INSERT INTO BetterSmallerTable SET (PrimKey,Red,Green,Blue) VALUES (SELECT
PrimKey,Red,Green,Blue FROM BigClumsyTable) ??

Thanks,
Siggy