first, it returns all the results at once ... to do otherwise, you'd have
to use CURSORS, which I don't believe PHP supports at this time ...

but, am curious as to why the multiple loops requirement?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org
primary: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org