No actual code, but hopefully, someone can help me through the theory
here.

I have 2 tables:

members - first_name, last_name
schedule - member1, member2, date

The SQL statement is this:

select s.first_name, t.first_name, f.date from members s, members t,
schedule f where s.first_name=f.member1 and t.first_name=f.member2

Now the output would look something like this.

| first_name | first_name | date |

Question is, in PHP, how would I distinguish the two first_name
fields? Database is currenly MySQL, but I would like this to be
database independant.

Thanks for your help.
--
Norman Tan