>Another Question: Can users via PHP update field data in a MySQL database?
>I would really appreciate any comments.

PHP and MySQL (at standard ISPs) is a good (the best) choice for your
It's cheap, fast and reliable, although i would not take my mission critical
to an ISP.

check out:

phpMyAdmin is a DB-Manager for MySql completely written in PHP.

You can do everything with that and so can you with your PHP-Script