hi Brian,

I'm curious to know whether or not you are using persistent
connections from Oracle.

And do your problems disappear if you restart the Oracle db?

We are having some problems with to many sessions being created with
persistent connections and we think there are a couple of parameters
..

1) no of connections allowed in apache. (this could explain why SSL
id different to NON-SSL connections)

2) no of sessions an oracle user is allowed to create.

3) How many connections we provide in the oracle listener connection pool.

Regards
Steve Farmer