Well,
No and Yes.

If the form is posted, whichever page that it was posted too will have
$HTTP_POST_VARS["text1"]
set to whatever was in the textbox. $text1 may also be a global variable,
depending on your php.ini settings for register_globals and also
variable_order.

It took me a while to feel comfortable with the web client/server
conversation.  PHP has no way of chatting with a client after a page has
been sent.  During the page request process, if a post was submitted from
the client variables will be sent via $HTTP_GET_VARS, $HTTP_PUT_VARS and/or
$HTTP_POST_VARS depending on how the form is configured.