Hello,

I use IB 6.01 with PHP 4.04  on Linux or/and Win
When I try to to change the character set of a connection I get an error
message:

php-code:
ibase_connect($Hostname,$Username,$Password,'DOS850');

error-message:
"Warning: InterBase: arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string
truncation Cannot transliterate character between character sets"

What's the problem? It doesn't work on Windows, the same on Linux.
It's the same with other charactersets (ASCII, WIN1252...).

many thanks for an answer
Joe