In the 'user' table in the 'mysql' database on server1, you need to insert
the username you'll be using to connect (and the encrypted password), and in
the Host field you have to specify the hostname of server2, as well as what
privileges you want that user to have (I recommend nnnnnnnnnnnnnn, then
specify in the db table which database the user is allowed to connect to and
what he can do to it).  Then flush privileges, and you're set.
Of course, you'll have to have root access to the mysql server to make these
changes.

Cheers,
Thor.

PS. As much as I hate to use the RTFM quote (the 'rtfm' reply rubs me the
wrong way and is one of the biggest deterrents for new users of GPL
software, most people ask because they can't find the info, so rtfm is
unecessarily rude), I'll bet you this is explained in better detail in the
mysql documentation.  So, I won't actually say it, but merely imply it...