wow. another postgresql user !

i use pg_connect to connect as well, including the connect script as an 'if
not connected then connect' type of thing. the connection is killed and
memory from queries freed up when the script finnishes.

incidently, i used pconnect for a while but found that connections were
staying open when users had left. postgresql just kept spawning backends ...

using non-persistent connections eeemded a better deal ...

Steve