I am using PHP4.0.0 on Mysql3.23.31 on a RH6.2(kernel2.4).

I am unsuccessful in attempting to have the FORM work with POST method, while there is
a <select> with <option> alongwith other variables that I am accepting directly from
text fields.

Its something like this
<form action=analyse.php method=post>
<select name=xxxx>
<?php
        / / I try to  populate from a table in MySQL (which works)--
        / / like this, which is in a loop--getting tableid and tablefield
         <option value=$tableid>$tablefield</option>
?>
</select>
My problem starts here when I accept other variables before posting the form contents.

eg:

<input name=xxx type=text>

<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Proceed">
</form>

In my analyse.php, when I try to list out the various variables posted from here, it
doesn't show up. I even tried adding all the variables as input type=hidden before
submitting the form, but it still doesn't show up.

When there is no <select> </select> section, the whole variables show up.

Where could I be wrong ?

Raju