hey all,
I am having a hell of a time getting a timestamp to insert correctly. it keeps coming
up 00000000000000

here's what i have

$date_avail = mktime (0,0,0,$month,$day,$year);
 $avail = date("F j, Y", $date_avail);
    echo "Date Available: $avail";

this works fine and displays the date correctly
My insert statement is fine [no mistakes]
I insert $date_avail  into the date_avail field which is type TIMESTAMP - when i
inserti get a 0000000000000

If i change the field type of date_avail  to VARCHAR it inserts correctly and i can
reference it as a timestamp and display correctly [a mysql db]

can anyone help, i guess that using varchar is fine, but i have wasted a half a day
and am a little pissed about this.  I noticed that even when i try to change the
date_avail field with phpmyadmin to NOT NULL it changes to NULL - i think that this is
the prob, but i do not know

thanks much
olinux