on 4/19/01 10:46 AM, Hector M Banda at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Is any way I can guess the users e-mail address?
> I'm thinking in the way you setup your e-mail acct on the browser when
> you first install it.

There shouldn't be a way.  I think you could access the email address via
JavaScript in Netscape 1.0 or 2.0, but no modern browsers should support
that.  You'll just have to require entry into the field, check it on the
server to see if it's valid, and if not, ask the user for a valid address.

There are many ways to check email addresses.  Check php.net, zend.com, or
the general list archives for more info.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Paul Burney
http://paulburney.com/