Hello,

I do have a little tiny problem with the character set.

If I try to insert a word containing an german umlaut by a php-script,
Oracle strips the seventh bit. I.e. "ä" becomes a "d". In PHP the SQL
statement is written correctly.

Facts:

1. I use Oracle 8i. The DB is made with the we8iso8859p1 option.
2. The NLS_LANG is set to GERMAN_GERMANY.WE8ISO8859P1
3. SQLPLUS works fine.

What else could be wrong?

If somebody has experience please answer.

Stefan