Hi,

this is the most common subject of this mail list! i am experiencing the
same problem. i tried my best reading available archives and experimented
the suggestions given in them. my problem still persists :( any help will
be greatly appreciated.

here is my environment:

Apache : 1.3.12 on RH 7.0

PHP    : 4.0.5 configured and compiled with the following options:
         configure  --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs --with-sybase=/usr/local/freetds/
FreeTDS: 0.51 configured and compiled with the option:
         configure --with-tdsver=4.2 --enable-dbmfix

MSSQL  : 7.0 running on NT 4.0

the /usr/local/freetds/interfaces file contains:

alchemy
  query tcp eather 192.168.23.10 1433
  master tcp eather 192.168.23.10 1433

The following code:

$conn = mssql_connect( "alchemy", "sa", "");
mssql_select_db( "testdb", $conn); ------------------( Line 6)

returns:

0 is not a Sybase link index in /var/www/html/trials/test2.php on line 6

thanks in advance
   Anil