The problem is in your insert statement.  You forgot the $ on your month and
year variable values.

Your statement should read:

$sql = "INSERT INTO $table_name (day,daydate,month,year,time,place,numbers,
details,reportby) VALUES
('$day',$daydate,$month,$year,'$time','$place','$numbers','$details','$reportby')";
                ^      ^

Another note, you do not need the quotes around your integer values for
$daydate, $month, $year.
You also should use single quotes on the other values rather than double quotes.