From: hrdware [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2001 1:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-INST] PHP4 Works but Sessions Don't!!

Greetings,

I have been trying to figure this out for hours now.
I used php to randomly display quotes at the top of a web page. The
quotes
are taken from a mysql database. PJP seems to be working fine.

But when I tried to learn about sessions, I quickly realized sessions
doesn't work!
I have people from #PHP on OpenProjects take a look at the code and try
the
links themselves and it doesn't work and no one can figure out why!!

A few people took the exact source off my site and then set up a test on
their machines
and it worked fine! I am at a loss, here is all the info I can provide,
please let me know
if you need more info!

output of phpinfo() :
    http://hotrs.mindriot.net/hotrs/phptest/phpinfo.php

main page with working php/mysql script:
    http://hotrs.mindriot.net/hotrs/index.php
    http://hotrs.mindriot.net/hotrs/index.phps

first session example from a tutor on the net: (NOT WORKING)
    http://hotrs.mindriot.net/hotrs/phptest/tutor1.php
    http://hotrs.mindriot.net/hotrs/phptest/tutor1.phps

second session example from a book! (NOT WORKING)
    http://hotrs.mindriot.net/hotrs/phptest/phpb2/page1.php
    http://hotrs.mindriot.net/hotrs/phptest/phpb2/page1.phps
    pages 1,2 and 3 all have source too.

 Any help would be appreciated, please cc to my e-mail!

   __
    Andy