Hello Dreamvale,

On 20-Jun-01 12:15:14, you wrote:

>Having used to the wonderful features in MySQL on the limit, how could I do
>the same on MSSQL?

>The table I'm trying to retrieve is kinda big - like 500,000 records - and
>would like to read them in chunks.

Use server side cursors.

You may want to try Metabase which is a PHP database abstraction package
that supports many databases including MS-SQL and among many other things
lets you pick the range of rows of a SELECT query results that are
retrieved, pretty much like MySQL LIMIT clause but in away that works will
all supported databases including MS-SQL.

Metabase is freely available here:

You may also like to try this class that outputs query results in HTML
tables eventually with links to go between query result pages.

Manuel Lemos

Web Programming Components using PHP Classes.
Look at: http://phpclasses.UpperDesign.com/?[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP key: http://www.mlemos.e-na.net/ManuelLemos.pgp