From: Andreas D. Landmark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 6:22 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] how to "email article to a friend"

At 20.06.2001 08:52, you wrote:

>You can query your database to extract those info, compose your email
>and
>use mail( ) function to send it.

that is _not_ a wise way to do it, you should include some form of
restrictions on how many
emails can be sent to a single account within X minutes for example.
Further you should
restrict by HTTP_REFERER (yep it's poor, but it's better than nothing)
so
that a automated
script can't use your email-article-to-a-friend function to "spam"
thousands of people without
any work...

There are quite a few considerations to take into account when writing a

email-article-to-a-friend
function, just to be on the safe side...

--
Andreas D Landmark / noXtension
Real Time, adj.: