hello,

I've this silly question:
how can I pass a db persistent connection from a script to another? (it seems there's
no way: but what's the use then of them?)

eg, I tryed this 2 scripts (with Oracle 8.1.6)

<?php
set_time_limit(0);
$conn = ociplogon('user','pass','testdb');
echo "Server Version: " . OCIServerVersion($conn);
echo "<br><br> $conn";
?>

<?php
echo "<br><br> $conn";
OCILogOff($conn);
?>

this works if both are on the same page, but I see no way to pass $conn (with the
associated info) to another one;

I've read on  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-db&m=97024385511984&w=2
__________________________________
> I'd like to know if it is possible to create a session variable for a
> database to get a persistent database connection. I've got
> lots of updates
If you think passing persistent connection between pages as other vars,
answer is no.

there's really no way to do this?

thank you,
bye,