Adv. Systems Design pressed the little lettered thingies in this order...

> hello *:
>
> I have initially set a field named title to be
> varchar(50)...I am finding that it is not long
> enough...can I change the size without adversely
> affecting existing data?

ALTER TABLE table_name CHANGE field_name field_name
new_attributes.

For a table called "tbl" and a field called "fld" use:
ALTER TABLE tbl CHANGE fld fld VARCHAR(100)

Increasing the length of the field has no adverse affect.

Have fun...

Christopher Ostmo
a.k.a. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AppIdeas.com