At 22.06.2001 09:42, you wrote:
>How can I connect to our MySQL server remotely. Ordinarily, we upload the
>same PHP application the same machine that runs MySQL too. So, I just
>access it using "localhost" in the mysql_connect( ) function, like:
>         mysql_connect($servername,$dbusername,$dbpassword);
>         where $servername = "localhost"
>What if I want to access the MySQL server from my Win test machine that
>runs Apache?

change the servername variable to the hostname of your database server and make
sure that you are allowed to connect (either in mysql.db or mysql.user).

btw. it's always a good idea to use a different topic than a subject just

Andreas D Landmark / noXtension
Real Time, adj.:
         Here and now, as opposed to fake time, which only occurs there
and then.