hi all,

I have a very large project where I have to insert
information from a large number of HTML files. They
are pulled from a public web database so they are
somewhat consistent in format. However not all fields
are present in each. So what I have decided to do is.

Write a script that parses the files of extraneous
spaces etc. and inserts into a CSV file to be imported
into the DB structure.

I figure that I can do something like "Grab
information following 'FIELD NAME:' until ' ' (blank
space).

However, Some fields may contain two or more words.
Such as, PROPERTY TYPE: Retail or PROPERTY TYPE:
Industrial Facility

So how do I account for this. I have thought that I
may try to Grab everything BETWEEN two field names
[only this becomes a problem if a field is not
present].

Can anyone give me some tips on writing this script. I
have done very little work with string manipulation.
If you would like some sample files, please contact me
off list.

Thank you so much.

olinux