I want to create the file.  The script first checks to see if the file
exists (file_exists($sFile)).  The file does not exist so it jumps to the
function that calls that fopen() that's giving me the error.  I want it to
create the file.

It worked fine on Windows using Personal Web Server.  I've never had
something like this not work on the actual server.  I'm used to using open()
to just read a file into an array but this time I want to actually write a
number to the file with fputs().

Jimi